At Clear Quality Auto Glass, we know that typically, the most important factor, when determining the price of a windshield replacement, is the make and model of a vehicle. While it may be fun to drive down the street and command the attention from onlookers, curious to see what type of expensive car you’re driving, be it a Mercedes- Benz Maybach Exelero, a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, just remember, the higher the cost of the vehicle, the higher the cost to maintain its exquisite look, including windshield replacement.
For instance, a Tesla Model X panoramic windshield replacement can cost upwards of $2300. Other expensive cars require a higher price, as well, as in a vintage Astin Martin windshield that cost over $4000 for a windshield replacement.
To come up with the correct value of a windshield, there are many things to consider, including:
- Make, year and model of vehicle
- Size of windshield – yes, there is a difference between a Ford Fiesta and a Land Rover
- Windshield intricacies – the more sophisticated the windshield, the more technologically advanced is the design and the refineries of what the windshield offers, including curvature, rain/heat/light sensors, etc. Some windshields require two technicians to replace which can also raise the rate.
- Extent of damage – some damages are minor enough that an entire repair might not be necessary. Is the damage to the front windshield or the back? And, a vehicle that has special molding can be an additional cost.
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer, which means the company that made the original windshield for the vehicle) adhesives and sealants versus an aftermarket windshield, meaning a company that makes windshields other than the original company. While OEM windshields are more costly, they allow for more of the complex electrical components associated with windshield replacement, which is why more and more companies are requiring an OEM windshield.
With 13 to 14 million windshields repaired per year, the average cost for a windshield replacement usually ranges from $100 to $350. And just remember, while the windshield replacement costs may vary, the installation procedure is virtually the same. And, while this may be true, all windshield replacement technicians are not created equally. When it comes to expertise and experience–which are vital to a safe and solid windshield replacement, nothing can make up for the reputation of high quality windshield replacement..
Hiring a reputable technician to take care of your windshield repair may not be an additional cost, but the added benefits far outweigh the risk of receiving a substandard fix. Windshield repair is one area where you do not want to cut costs in an effort to save money on this most vital part of your vehicle.
Contact Clear Quality Auto Glass, at (702) 468-9730, and let us help you get the highest quality windshield replacement for the most affordable rate, like we have for so many of our countless satisfied customers. .