Whether you live in Las Vegas or in one of the surrounding areas, when it comes to windshield replacement, Clear Quality Auto Glass knows that most people look for the least expensive and fastest route to take. But, the quickest and cheapest way is not always the safest, and this could actually lead to dangerous problems later.
A windshield is one of the most important parts of a car, which is the number one reason why hiring a certified professional is so important. When it comes to a windshields’s importance, most people do not realize that:
- a windshield impacts the overall vehicle structure, meaning the windshield helps support the vehicle’s roof, which helps prevent it from collapsing during an accident.
- a windshield must be strong enough to handle the impact of airbags.
- a windshield protects passengers from being ejected
- a windshield also protects passengers from being hit by debris, wind, rain, snow and even bugs.
Sooner or later, nearly every car owner must face some type of windshield repair. Whether this is the result of a rock chip or a crack of some type, there are a few best practices to keep in mind:
- Always use a reputable glass repair company – this is especially important because there are so many fly-by-night businesses that pop up. These poor-quality repair companies try to make a lot of money by focusing on quantity, not quality. To locate a certified auto glass repair shop, visit safewindshields.org and type in your zip code. Proper certification makes sure installers are up to date on adhesive advancements and any changes in automotive designs.
- Make sure all safety guidelines are followed – Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) set the federal government standards glass companies must abide by. Make sure your glass repairs follow all the guidelines outlined by this vehicle safety organization, including all parts and installation.
- Certified technicians – because car glass is considered a “safety device,” repairs must, first and foremost, be top-notch. Parts and installation must only be taken care of by trained professionals. Several organizations exist to provide such training and certification, including:
- National Windshield Repair Association Certification
- Auto Glass Safety Council
- Other State Certifications
- Quality products – all products must meet the highest standards for your safety, including glass, glass adhesives, and all other parts.
Clear Quality Auto Glass is a fully licensed, bonded and insured company, with Drow Certification as well as certification from the National Glass Association,
If you need your windshield repaired, call Clear Quality Auto Glass today. Our technicians are trained, certified and make the process of glass repair easy and affordable. Contact Quality Auto Glass today at (702) 468-9730.